This course provides the opportunity to learn how to get procurement right, by better understanding the process, the legal requirements, the potential challenges and how to deal with them, so you have the tools to get the right contracts and consultants for success.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the stages that make up the procurement process
- Appreciate the legal framework which informs specifications for different development services
- Diagnose organisational procurement requirements which might prevent best value from being achieved
- Apply strategies to avoid challenge and disputes arising from a specification
- Assess how your own practices can be improved
Who is the training for?
This course is aimed at mid-career staff, who are responsible for writing procurement specifications. It will be assumed that participants understand the types of procurement that take place through the development lifecycle, their own organisation’s procurement strategy, and the availability of frameworks.
Advantages of taking the course
The course will be delivered by expert trainers, in collaboration with Future of London, and participants will be able to:
- Explore a range of local authority procurement and related strategies
- Define a roadmap through the procurement process and the role of corporate procurement staff
- Produce specifications that match the needs of the scheme and learn how to avoid risks
- Get advice on how to capture key corporate priorities
- Receive templates to use and be advised on how they might be adapted by local authorities to suit their needs