This course will enable you to explore options for tailoring appraisals, changing underlying assumptions and understanding the impact of market data, for complex schemes in multiple phases and where there is a commercial element. You will also explore how to negotiate in this context.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Appreciate current property market trends and their impact on the market
- Appreciate the limitations of development appraisal models
- Apply appraisal skills to model complex schemes with multiple phases and mixed use
- Apply negotiation skills to the process of determining viability in a commercial arrangement
- Reflect how market constraints are impacting their work to stress test viability
Who is the training for?
This course is aimed at mid-senior staff, those who are experienced at running financial appraisals but want to develop their appraisal knowledge to address complex schemes, to question assumptions within their models and to make commercial decisions.
Advantages of taking the course
The course will be delivered by expert trainers, in collaboration with Future of London, and participants will be able to:
- Learn about market trend information for both residential and commercial property
- Get advice on obtaining on-going market information for strategic decisions and for specific programmes or projects
- Get accustomed with the parameters needed for setting an organisations commercial approach, with the role viability testing plays within it, and implementing this approach in a local authority development team
- Study the approach of stress testing the viability of a scheme, and the relationship between viability benchmarks, investment strategies and site option analysis
- Analyse the successful process of commercial negotiations, the viability assessment of complex multiphase schemes and of commercial negotiations