This interactive workshop will use live modelling to demonstrate the principles of development viability and explore common modelling scenarios for new residential development. No previous knowledge will be assumed.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the principles behind using financial models to ensure a scheme is viable and define the inputs and where these come from
- Apply an understanding of common development issues to the results of a viability assessment
- Apply common benchmarks to a financial appraisal and discuss if the scheme is viable
- Reflect on their understanding of the viability process and how to develop their skills
Who is the training for?
This course will assume no prior knowledge of the topic and will cover the basic principles of financial viability. The course is aimed all at staff, whether you are new to development, transferring from another discipline, or wishing to refresh your knowledge on the subject.
Advantages of taking the course
The course will be delivered by expert trainers, in collaboration with Future of London, and participants will be able to:
- Learn about the range of viability appraisal tools in general use in the sector
- Demonstrate the principles of calculating a scheme’s viability, which also includes sensitivity testing
- Run a simple real life viability assessment and receive guidance on how to relate these to common development scenarios
- Get to understand the questions to ask when discussing viability modelling